Pursuant to the directives of Supreme Court of India, GPREC Women’s cell was established on 6th Jan 2007, to ensure a safe and secure environment for women in G.Pulla Reddy Engineering College. All the female faculty, staff and students are members of the Women’s Cell.
GPREC Women’s cell
To create a conducive atmosphere for women to realize their potential and help them pursue their natural interests.
- To provide a safe working/studying environment in which women and girls can work/study.
- To work towards a gender sensitive community in which men and women will get equal opportunities.
- To generate confidence in women that they can carve out a niche for themselves.
- To deal with the cases of sexual/psychological/emotional harassment in a timely, appropriate and just manner.
- To address the issues and concerns of all women and girls working/studying in the institute.
- To create social awareness about the problems of women and in particular gender discrimination.
- To sensitize the women about the various avenues that are open to them.
Activities Proposed as part of the Women’s Cell
- Gender Sensitization lectures and workshops
- Competitions on gender themes to make students think about gender issues.
- Lectures by eminent personalities.
- Institution of awards to female students
- Celebration of International Women’s Day
- Inviting Articles from the Students for News letter.
- Addressing the girl students in smaller groups once in a semester.